Come and discover Early Stage Investing. Meet investors and groups actives in Suisse Romande. Support start-up entrepreneurs involved in technology innovations and prepare the economy of tomorrow.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- The presentation provides an overview of regional investor clubs in Suisse Romande and their activities on EPFL campus.
- You will discover what early stage investing is all about.
- You can decide whether you want to become an angel investor or raise money from angel investors.
- Determine which investor club or services offers suitable services for you.
- The presentation focuses on best practices (tips) and operational aspects (process).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- EPFL Alumni with an interest in early-stage technology start-ups.
- Active professionals with an ‘entrepreneurial spirit’.
- Retired or ‘in-transition’ individuals.
- Entrepreneurs who are now investors.
- Private investors who want to finance and support start-ups individually or in a group.
- Entrepreneurs who are considering raising money from Business Angels.
- Professionals in the ‘access to finance for SMEs’ sector.
Online registration is required, as places are limited.
Investor training : Introduction to investment in early-stage technology companies
What is it?
This presentation introduces the context and some of the situations faced by business angels investing in seed capital in early stage companies. It provides a panorama on the investment in Switzerland and Europe and covers some processes such as evaluation, due diligence processes, legal and personal relationships. It will focus on practical implications, some cases studies are included in the program.
Why should you attend?
This presentation focuses on best practices and operational aspects. In particular it a unique networking opportunity with peers active on EPFL campus..
We will invite entrepreneurs to provide additional experience sharing and short pitches, this will be followed by an afternoon allowing to meet pre-seed start-ups at La Forge or successful start-ups on EPFL Innovation Park.