This page presents the EPFL campus mobility options available to employees of companies located at the EPFL Innovation Park. It is intended to complete the parking policy that each company has agreed with its employees.
The EPFL campus and the EPFL Innovation Park are located in travel zone 12 of the Mobilis tariff community of the canton of Vaud.
Mobilis = 1 single ticket for a journey using any mode of transport in the Mobilis tariff community - train, bus or metro.
Ticket and information office at EPFL
For all public transport services for the Lausanne region, the Mobilis tariff community and all SBB/CFF Direct Services (including international tickets). Most of the staff there speak English.
Maison de la mobilité. BI A0 432 (Building BI)
Mon-Fr: 9 am to 1 pm/ 1.30 pm to 5 pm.
Swiss Federal Railways (SBB/CFF)
The stations of Renens, Morges and Lausanne are the closest to the EPFL campus
Please check the SBB/CFF online timetable or download the app (which comes in an English language version) to your smartphone.
Public transport in Lausanne and the surrounding region (TL)
The Metro M1 line, bus tl 31 and bus tl 1 connect the EPFL campus to the cities of Renens and Lausanne.
A TL desk is at your disposal at the Maison de la Mobilité (Building BI).
To the t-l website
Public transport in the Morges-Bière-Cossonay region (MBC)
Buses 701 and 705 will take you to the town of Morges and the Bourdonnette neighborhood (Lausanne).
Mobility car sharing
Mobility is a car sharing service with vehicles available all over Switzerland.
One car is located at the EPFL Innovation Park and eleven others are dotted around the EPFL campus.
Subscriptions to this service can be made directly at www.mobility.ch
- Bike and e-bike self-service rental: use the Publibike app (with or without annual fee) to access the PubliBike national network which includes the Lausanne-Morges region. Obtain a 50% discount by using the B-Quick subscription.
- Cargobike: rent the first shared electric cargobikes in Switzerland, free for up to 48 hours. These practical bikes are a real alternative to cars. Their large storage space enables the user to transport large or bulky loads easily around the campus. User guide is available here.
- Bikeable: community-led app listing tricky, dangerous and sometimes even good spots on the streets for cyclists with the aim of improving infrastructure for the community. More info on bikeable.ch
- Partners: the EPFL Innovation Park has established close relationships with various partners specialized in the purchase or rental of bicycles, including e-bikes.
- ParkShare for staff: we encourage staff and companies of the EPFL Innovation Park to use ‘Parkshare’ in the private web app (EPFL Inno Park) to share their unused rented parking spaces. All details here.
- Parking spaces for rent at the SwissTech Convention Center: parking spaces are available for rent at the SwissTech Convention Center. Contact: Comptoir Immobilier, 021 313 23 33, email@example.com.
- Parking spaces for visitors (white spaces): for visitors, parking lots with parking meters are located in front of buildings A and H (50 spaces), under the Rolex Learning Center or at the Esplanade. For disabled people, 6 spaces are available at the following locations: 3 between buildings H and I and 3 between buildings G and H. Pricing is CHF 1.- for the first hour and CHF 2.- for each hour thereafter. A ticket must be bought from the parking meter on weekdays, from 7 am to 5 pm. Outside these hours, parking on white and green spaces is free.
- Electrical vehicle recharging (Green Motion): six public Green Motion charging stations are available on the campus. One is located in the Park on the side of building H. Charging time is limited to a maximum of 5 hours and the parking fee should be paid at one of the meters of the regular parking lots.
- Electric charging stations in indoor parking (Parking O): ten private underground parking spaces, each equipped with an electric charging station can be rented, subject to availability. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.